This is the official attendee festival guide which will be provided as a downloadable PDF for you to use on the day of the festival – check back often for updates & the PDF.
The CanAm Craft Beer Festival is a one-of-a-kind beer and food taste experience that gathers together 2,500 guests to celebrate the cultural heritage of So. Ontario and WNY to create a broader sense of international friendship. As the premier, original cross-border beer festival for craft brew fans the CanAm provides a unique, exciting cultural event that highlights the creativity and passion of Canadian and American craft brewers.
BUFFALO NIAGARA BREWERS ASSOCIATION BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- President — Willard Brooks
- Vice President — Tim Herzog, Flying Bison Brewing Company
- Vice President Elect — Clay Keel, 42 North Brewing Company
- Treasurer — Scott Donovan, Blackbird Cider
- Secretary — Scott Shuler, 12 Gates Brewing Company
- Membership Chair — Jaye Beattie, Four Mile Brewing Company
- Jeff Ware, Resurgence Brewing Company
- Peter Kreinheder – Ellicottville Brewing Company
- Scott Donovan, Blackbird Cider
- David Giczkowski, Southern Tier Brewing Company
- Dan Syracuse, Pizza Plant
- Scott McMillan, Buffalo Beer League
- Ted Hawley, New York Craft Malt
- Kelly Krupski, owner of NYBP
- Brian Melber, BNBA General Counsel (ex officio), Personius Melber
FESTIVAL STEERING COMMITTEE
- BNBA Event Co-Chair US- Willard Brooks, BNBA President & Events Chair
- BNBA Event Co-Chair US- Scott Shuler, 12 Gates Brewery
- Competition Co-Chair – Patrick Cipollone, NY Beer Project
- Competition Co-Chair – Clay Keel, 42 North Brewery
- OCB Event Co-Chair ON- Graham Spence
- OCB Events Co-Chair ON- Peter Chiodo
- BNBA Marketing Chair – Paul Marko
- BNBA Membership Chair – Jaye Beattie
- BNBA Events Chair – Willard Brooks
FESTIVAL POLICIES & GUIDELINES
- The festival is taking place indoors, but it is still April. Check the weather we open rain or shine so dress accordingly raincoats, boots, toque, etc.
GATES/ ADMISSIONS/ TICKETS
- This is a 21+ event, photo ID required. No persons under 21 years of age will be admitted to the festival site.
- Pictured US or Canadian Driver’s License or valid passport is required as proof of ID for all tasting tickets.
- We reserve the right to card at any time during the festival.
- Tasting ticket includes a BNBA souvenir tasting glass and 20 tasting tickets
- Festival gates open at 3PM for early admission, 4PM for general admission
- Festival closes at 7PM.
- Designated Driver tickets and wristbands available at the door
- Tasting tickets will be available at the Info Table.
- Check website or Facebook event page for status.
- No entrance for anyone showing signs of intoxication no exceptions.
- Tickets will not be refunded if refused entrance.
- No re-entry.
WHAT TO BRING
- Bring cash needed for food. There is an ATM on site if needed. The patron is responsible for all bank charges.
- Hunger, thirst and a desire to have a great time!
WHAT NOT TO BRING
- No large bags or coolers allowed inside festival all bags & backpacks may be subject to search.
- No outside beverages or food permitted.
- No dogs or other pets allowed on convention center grounds.
- Smoking prohibited inside the Convention Center. Use the designated Smoking Area outside.
BEER TICKETS, WRISTBANDS, AND TASTING
- Wristbands must be visible at all times.
- Brewery and Event staff reserve the right to refuse serving any individual who does not cooperate with wrist band identification and ticketing policy or if attendee shows any signs of intoxication.
- Plan your tasting agenda. There are over 70 beers to choose from so save time by making your tasting decisions before you arrive.
- Please make your sampling choice before entering the line at breweries so you don’t hold up the line for others.
- Please hand full ticket(s) to server when ordering.
- Additional beer tickets are available at $2 per ticket with a maximum 5 additional tickets per wristband. No exceptions.
- Tickets are available for purchase at the Info Booth.
- Please do not pass on unused drink tickets.
- Beers may be subject to change and cannot predict demand for certain beers so we do not guarantee availability of any beer listed.
- Cold drinking water will be available at various water stations. Stay hydrated. We suggest a one to one ratio.
- Each beer sample is limited to 4oz.
- Tastings will only be poured into Official BNBA Souvenir Glass.
- Be nice to the staff. They do not make the laws or policies, but it is their job to observe them.
- We are a tasting Festival. And operate under the same laws that your favorite tap room does. If you are looking for mass consumption, we are not the place for you. If you are looking to taste some of the best beers in the world and talk with the brewers who brew them, then you should purchase a ticket quickly, as we only sell a limited number.
- When leaving, glasses must be placed in a pocket or bag before leaving the Festival or you may choose to recycle your glass at the doors.
FOOD AND MARKET VENDORS
- Food is available for purchase from the Convention Center.
- The CanAm will be featuring a la carte Canadian focused food dishes
- The CanAm will be featuring Meet the Brewer beer and food taste seminars