The Canadian-American Beer Festival, launched in 2017, as the first and only regional craft beer festival. The 2018 CanAm will host 40 breweries in a one-day event in Niagara Falls, New York, 20 Western New York & 20 Ontario breweries have worked together for over a year to create 40 unique cross-border collaboration beers and Canadian Cultural event. Once established, the CanAm would like to be the a largest Canadian/North American craft beer festival and host hundreds of breweries from states and provinces in the north east of North America. This event is recognized by the Canadian Consolate as an official Canadian cultural event, featuring the 40 unique cross-border collaboration beers along with Canadian food and music. During the event, a “People’s Choice” competition will be held during the event where patrons will vote to name the top three collaborations. The winning collaborative breweries will be given a trophy designating them as a top collaborator for the 2018 CanAm. The CanAm is organized by the Buffalo Niagara Brewers Assocation, with the assistance of the Ontario Craft Brewers, Niagara College Teaching Brewery, the Niagara Falls Culinary Institute, and Consumers Beverages. We thank our event partner, Lyft, for their generous support. A portion of the event proceeds will benefit Habitat for Humanity of WNY and Ontario.
What You Get
in NYS beer festivals are one price for entry and this includes all beer samples. An entrance ticket to CanAm includes admission to the event, a souvenir tasting glass, and 20 tasting tickets which can be redeemed for one 3oz. beer sample each. 34 breweries will be in attendance — 17 from Ontario, 17 from Western NY — each bringing two brews, one WNY-ON collaboration beer and one additional beer for a total of about 70 different brews (additional tasting tickets are available for $1.00 each). We are also featuring Canadian food items (a la carte) and Meet the Brewer food and beer pairing seminars with Jon Downing of the Niagara College Teaching Brewery and Toronto beer writer Stephen Beaumont.
- General Admission (4-7pm) tickets are available at EventBrite.com ($50) and all 17 Consumer’s Beverages locations ($30 through 3/31; $40 after 3/31). Each ticket includes:
- All beer tastings
- Access to the Meet the Brewer sessions ($5)3 voting chips for the Can-Am Beer Cup People’s Choice Competition
- 20 drink tickets each good for a 3oz. pour
- Access to food & market vendors
- A commemorative tasting glass
- All Buffalo Beer League members receive 1 hour early entry with their membership card.
- Designated Driver tickets are also available for $10 each at the door.
Can Am Fest – General Admission Ticket
- Includes ALL beer tastings, access to the Meet the Brewer seminars (for additional $5 ticket avail on site), 3 voting chips for the CanAm Beer Cup People’s Choice Competition, 20 drink tickets good for a 3 oz pour, access to food & market vendors, and a commemorative tasting glass, 4-7pm $50 [Eventbrite]
Buffalo Beer League – Early Entry General Admission Ticket
- Buffalo Beer League members receive 1 hour early entry with a GA ticket and a membership card.
- Includes ALL beer tastings, 1 hour early entry, access to the Meet the Brewer tent ($5), 3 voting chips for the CanAm Beer Cup people’s choice competition, 12 drink tickets good for a 4 oz pour, access to food & market vendors, and a commemorative tasting glass, 3-7pm $50 [Eventbrite]
Designated Driver Ticket
- Designated Driver admission is valid from 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM. Ticket price includes admission to the event and a free bottle of water. Tasting glasses are not provided to Designated Drivers. $10 [Eventbrite]